Monday, February 14, 2011

Thai Guys and the Beach

I am an avid Jomtien beach person even to the point where, on very hot days, I will brave the "sparkling?" waters for a refreshing dip. I 'm usually there by 11:00am with my Bangkok Post, Ipod, books and more. I love the welcoming staff, meeting old and new farang friends, the parade of venders and the constant show the beach boys perform.

I enjoy some solitude at the beach but I also love it when one of my Thai bed partners accompanies me or meets me there but this rarely happens. Of course I understand that, at my age, what young guy wants to sit with me all day at the beach. Some will do it for money but others seem to hate the beach. Those that do come to the beach often end up sleeping the majority of the time.



Nevertheless I have found there are ways to attract boys to the beach. First I lets them know that they are always welcome to simply drop in on me while I'm there...no invite needed. I tell them they can come and eat then leave...up to them...therefore they do not feel tied to me. I provide Thai music, Thai comic books and fashion magazines for them. I tell them to bring friends if they want. On occasion I let it be known that there will be 300 Pipers on the table. Finally I have a deck of cards and a German game that the boys love.



The game can attract a crowd of beach boys who are eager to play and bet on the game. When my reluctant money boys are there, instead of them betting, I put up 100 bhat for the winner.

When the boy wants to leave, I give him taxi money and let him know how much I appreciated his company.

No comments:

Post a Comment