Monday, February 14, 2011

Bali Hai Sunset Restaurant


A while back  I invited Neung (my satin skinned doll) and his ladyboy lover, Sang to join me at a new restaurant located on the point of land between Bali Hai Pier and the Royal Cliff Hotel near the lighthouse. Neung and Sang are one of the most lovely and friendly couples I've ever met.

Image


The setting on the water is wonderful. We arrived at 5:00pm and the balmy breeze was a welcome relief to the day's heat. The view across the water to Koh Larn and the sound of the wave slapping the rocks was very romantic. The seating area is totally open with large umbrellas and canvas covers. It is simply but effectively decorated to show a muted elegance. I suggest it must be one of the most romantic spots in Pattaya especially as the sun is setting.

Image


The staff was attentive and seemed well trained although one Thai dish was temporarily forgotten. After we ordered, we wandered down the convenient and well built stone stairs to the beach. No sitting around trying to hold a Thai/English conversation while waiting for the food to arrive.

Back at the table over drinks, I presented Neung with a Bt169 fishing rod from Big C. I thought it would be kind of a joke gift but you would have thought I had given him a 2 bhat gold necklace. The hug and kiss was unexpected and lovely. He spent the next 15 minutes carefully putting it together.

Image


The staff balanced the delivery of my farang order and the Thai dishes. My tasty mushroom soup arrived quickly followed by the Tom Yum Goong and rice. My salad had a good selection of greens and a choice of two prepared dressings. The rest of the Thai dishes arrived at the same time as my salmon steak. The salmon was a touch over done but stil delicious and I had to fight for a few scraps after forcing Neung and Sang to try some. The Thai food was a worthy substitute.

Before ice cream we again ventured seaside so Neung could try out his fishing skills. Almost immediately he hooked onto something very large and the excitement almost tumbled him off his rocky perch. However the immovable nature of the catch lead us to realize that he had attached himself to the bottom of the Gulf of Siam.

Image


All in all it was an entertaining and romantic evening even if the sunset was somewhat subdued. The salmon steak 4 course set meal, 3 thai dishes, 3 beers and 2 sprites came to Bt1200 tip included. It's a place I would definitely go to again with the right person(s).

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment