Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ode To A Thai Guy

Ode to a Thai Guy  (June, 2008)

His arms held me tightly. His hands gently stroked my back. His words entreated me to return soon. His eyes – is that a little extra moisture there– swore me not to forget him. And then, with a gentle touching of cheek to mine and a soft sniff, the BoyGod bade farewell. He turned and hurried down the soi not wanting to see me climb into the taxi.





Bo came close with that constant, enigmatic smile. A boy of few words, so new to night world of Pattaya yet so eager. A tousled-hair, smooth skinned youth so young – too young – yet trusting enough to offer a lingering kiss on the lips. The driver impatiently revved the engine.





A strong, dark hand reached out to mine. A hand connected to a tattooed arm of sculpted lean muscle and sinew. I shook Dae’s hand and thanked him for his timely, caring friendship. In stilted English he said, “You come back soon, yes?” “As soon as I can!” I replied. A smile lit his face - handsome face. I noticed his, now bare, upper lip and wondered how great a sacrifice to his virility it had been for him to shave it after so much chirilous chiding from me. A rough persona with a beautiful aura, his hand shake was warm.





Now finally, my foundling from the street approached. Fate had brought Don and me together when, unknown at first, we both desperately needed something the other had - I in self doubt and he in medical distress. He placed his hands on my shoulders and I held his waist. His eyes met mine and he stared wordlessly, searching for some message in my face. The taxi lurched. It was time to go.





That goodbye was 94 days ago and the scene plays out vividly in my mind as if just 94 minutes ago. And in those 94 days I have never come close to touching another person like Noi, Bo, Dae or Don. Simply there is nothing like a Thai boy.

BoyGod, I hope business has been good for you and I will seek your warmth in a weeks time. Bo, you have had a birthday since I left so now our friendship can develop as far as you always wanted. Dae, the snooker table awaits and maybe this time you’ll let me win. Don, I never really got to know you well but maybe this time….

Guys……..I’m coming home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment