Monday, February 14, 2011

Apartment Decorating Faux Pas


When I first moved into my new apartment a year ago, a lovely boy named Jay moved in also. He was a great kid and was excited as I was to participate in decorating the one room studio. Everytime either of us went out, we usually came home with something for the place. One time he returned with 2 beautiful candles for the headboard shelf. This went on for a couple of weeks.

I know almost every Thai home has a picture of the king promenantly displayed. I down loaded several picture of the king relating to his people. I bought a frame to mount a collage of the pictures. Jay walked in as I was about to crop some of the pictures to better fit their place in the frame. He was horrified. "Can not cut pictures of king". I tried to explain that I wasn't cutting the king, only extranious things. One of those extranious things, Jay pointed out, happened to be the queen. I waited until he wasn't around to crop the pictures and, later, he was very happy with the result but not where I put the frame, high up beside the front door. "What's wrong", I asked. "King looking into toilet" The frame was facing the doorway to the washroom and that was not good. We moved the picture.

A few nights later Jay seemed distant - not his usual free expression self. No sex that night. Nor the next. The following night I was a little insistant. He cuddled and as I lowered his briefs he pulled the sheet over us. He did the same the next night as if he was shy or embarrassed of his nakedness. Finally I asked him what's wrong. He pointed to the little golden Buddha I had bought and placed on the high shelf opposite the bed. "Buddha watching!" I got up and moved the Buddha to a place where he couldn't see the bed and all was right with the world.

Getting to know Thai beliefs and customs is a wonderful journey.

2 comments:

  1. Filthy pedo - I know where you drink at Duks bar and you live there to. i see small boys go under your door at night and they tell me what you do. Well now the police know about you and they watch you as well. They tell me you bad man and do this before. Now they catch you and you spend many year in prison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will follow your friends to their room and watch them. pattaya is not safe with pervert like you. GO AWAY BEGORE ITS TOO LATE

      Delete