Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Party

Birthday

Nothing makes me smile more than joining young Thai guys in their fun and I�m happy to pay for the experience. A few nights ago one of my Thai friends was celebrating his birthday and I was asked to come along. Many jaded individuals may suggest that, in reality, it wasn�t me but my wallet which interested him. I understand this; however, if everyone plays their expected roles, I am willing to pay.

It was the birthday boy�s best friend that first reminded me that the special day was coming up. I asked what he thought the birthday boy wanted to do. Of course I got the usual answer, �Up to you�. Quickly we decided that a night out with a few of his friends would be best. I told the friend that I would give him 3000 baht and he could arrange, organize and pay for the evening. He was unsure at first but, after thinking about it, I think he was excited about that status the responsibility would bring. And I was happy not the have to worry about anything.

At 1:00am, when the bars closed, those invited gathered in front of Duc�s Caf� Bar. Many others suspected a party was in the works and were looking for an invite. A couple of good friends of mine appeared so I asked the organizer if they could come along. He agreed and I slipped him an additional 500 baht to cover their expenses.

We all jumped on a fleet of motorcycles and made our way through a sudden rainstorm up 2nd Road left on Pattaya Klang where we turned into a small soi to find a new gay disco called Dave Man Club. This is a smart looking gay disco with many handsome Coyote dancers performing around the room. The music is loud and current. Around 3:00am there�s a lip-sync show then, later, a sex show. I had brought a small cake with candles, some balloons, some glitter and a plastic tiara and wand for the birthday boy/girl � all of which created much fun and laughter. At the height of things, I counted 14 celebrants around our table.


Image


Image




Around 3:30am we took off to a place called TNT. It�s a small, lively, karaoke bar located one soi over from Two Guys Guest House towards 3rd Road. We were served some kind of fruit punch served in pitchers that was very tasty. We also had a half bottle of whisky left over from the disco. This was a very friendly and active place and the boys enjoyed the karaoke.


Image




About and hour later, 8 of us made our way to a place on Soi Bongkok called Swarn (I think). It�s a series of huts over water where you can order Thai food and enjoy? more karaoke. Another bottle of whisky was ordered and some delicious food arrived. By this time the party was quite raucous and loud but a lot of fun. Once while I was dancing, I looked across the water and was surprised to see the dawn breaking. The night had passed so quickly.



Image




By 7:00am I was tucked up in my bed with a special guy happy with the night�s events. The organizer did a great job and at no time did he come to me for additional money. That night I noticed he was at his doorman position sharing the remaining whisky with the other workers on the street.

Another great time for an old 65 year old. Thank you Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment